In Topic 4, selections for the Southwest Transit marketing team were made, and the names are (Elizabeth, Bob, Susan, William, Doug and Natalie). Now your job is to present the recommendation to your director. Surprisingly though, a directive is issued informing management that only four people will be able to staff the team, which will of course increase the pressure finalizing the selection.
Consider the vision for a successful Southwest Transit marketing team composed in Topic 4. Narrow down the team selection to four individuals for presentation to the director. Decide which strategies will be most effective for leading the agreed-upon team. Compose a PowerPoint presentation (10 slides). Your presentation should address the following:
- Who are the four team members, and what was the primary reason each person was selected? How difficult was it to come to a decision regarding team selection? Which potential team member was most difficult to come to a consensus about? Why?
- What are the primary strengths of the team? What are its potential weaknesses? How positive is the management team about the team’s potential? Justify your answers with evidence from ” Southwest Transit Team Member Profiles.”
- What strategies will be most effective for motivating the team, managing conflict, ensuring success, and fostering collaboration? Cite specific motivational theories, conflict-resolution strategies, and leadership strategies in your answer.
- Justify how the selected team embodies the values of conscious capitalism and how the tenet of stakeholder orientation played a role in the team selection process. Provide citations to strengthen your claims.
- Describe how value is created for each stakeholder, and in what ways will the team positively impact the business as a whole?
You are required to use at least three academic references to strengthen and support your claims and recommendations. Ensure each content slide has supporting citations and specific examples.