After reviewing the readings and resources this week, what new skills will trainers need to be successful in the future? Provide several examples. Which one do you resonate with the most? What areas do you need to improve upon?
- Challenges Facing Education, Training & Career Development (Links to an external site.) – This article discusses the future challenges facing education, training and career development.
- Impact of Training & Development Programs (Links to an external site.) – This article reviews the impact of training programs on the productivity of employees in the banking industry based upon the employees’ opinion.
- Weinstein, M. (2018). Learning Gets a Dose of Reality. Training, 55(5), 29–34 (Links to an external site.)– This article offers information on training employees advanced virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) technology to improve satisfaction or safety of employees.
- Gale, S. F. (2018). Your Training Program Is Not Enough. Workforce, 97(4), 50–51 (Links to an external site.) – This article discusses the survey which reveals the lack of corporate training and the failure of organizations to provide the knowledge needed by the employees to achieve their ambitions in the U.S.
- Content Relevancy: A Learning Leader Challenge (Links to an external site.) – This article sheds light on common challenges learning leaders face.
- 2019 Workplace Learning Report (Links to an external site.) – This report, supplied by Linkedin, outlines future trends in Training and Development.